NEWSThe latest from the project

New Martyrs’ Church Research Library Opens

Posted October 10, 2013

The University of St Andrews opened its new Research Library on Monday 30 September 2013. The project involved the complete interior refurbishment of the former Martyrs’ Church, closed in 2008 and purchased by the University in 2011. The 40 desk reading room will be open to all members of the research postgraduate community and academic staff. The reading room also has a substantial consultation collection: this included the bulk of the University’s exceptional collection of reference works in the fields of bibliography and book history…

continue reading


University celebrates its 600th anniversary

Posted October 10, 2013

The University of St Andrews this week celebrated its 600th anniversary with a special graduation ceremony, honouring 18 internationally renowned academics and public figures, among them Sir Tim Berners-Lee and former US Secretary of State and First Lady Hillary Clinton. The honorands included two distinguished historians, Natalie Zemon Davis and Diarmaid MacCulloch, both old friends of St Andrews. Diarmaid MacCulloch was today following in the footsteps of his grandfather Canon John Arnott MacCulloch, awarded an honorary degree by St Andrews in 1909 for his distinguished work on Scottish and European folklore…

continue reading


Tracing Renaissance Readers on Annotated Books Online

Posted September 06, 2013

In May 2013 a new digital project was launched about the history of reading, Annotated Books Online (ABO).

ABO [www.annotatedbooksonline.com] offers a digital library of annotated books from the early modern period. All books are fully accessible to the user. ABO is also an interactive resource that allows users to upload further copies of annotated books, as well as to transcribe and translate individual annotations in each book. This interactive tool is designed for teaching and research purposes…

continue reading


Page 14 of 17 pages ‹ First  < 12 13 14 15 16 >  Last ›